RDL has in the past created credit and prepayment meters by design and constant improvement. This has always been recognised when reconditioning has taken place.
The design of mould and press tools to create replacement components rather than repair existing ones has been a feature of RDL from 1978 onwards. These ‘firsts’ are:-
- Converting analogue display meters to digital.
- Replacing cases and bases on meters.
- Replacing rusty coin box to new ones.
- Re-switching meters when switches have passed their efficient state.
- Creating gearing to convert to decimalization currency.
- Whole replacement of electro-mechanical components.
- RDL do not paint spray or leave any meters in their original manufactured state.
Electronic dual coin meters and timers
With these abilities RDL has been able to be the first in developing an electronic prepayment dual coin meter and timer (M100 and R447 range). We at RDL are so confident in this new product that we have given the M100 and R447 range a three year guarantee with each unit containing its own unique serial number.